We are currently living in an unprecedented time. Now, more than ever, it is essential to keep our bodies healthy. After all, it can be easier to prevent an illness from happening rather than curing it after sickness strikes. At G&G Vitamins, we have worked hard to provide you with supplements designed to help boost your immune system and help with your body’s ability to fight illnesses.
What Vitamins Can Help Boost the Immune System?
Many vitamin supplements can help boost the immune system and guard your body against illness. The following is a list of the most common ones and how they can help.
- Zinc is used to produce new immune system cells and helps your immune system and metabolism function correctly. According to the Mayo Clinic, if a zinc lozenge or supplement is taken within 24 hours of the start of cold symptoms, it can shorten the length of the cold.
- Quercetin is the most abundant dietary flavonoid and can help reduce inflammation, blood pressure, and even blood sugar levels.
- Vitamin D3 helps your immune system function normally and is one of the most critical vitamins for strengthening your immune system and can reduce the risk of flu or colds.
- Vitamin C aids the immune system before and after physical exercise. It also can protect the cells from oxidative stress, reduces fatigue, and contributes to normal body functions.
- Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) assists your body to metabolize and synthesize vitamin D and neurotransmitters. It can also reduce fatigue and increase mental performance.
- Iron is essential for life because it helps transport oxygen throughout to your cells and organs. It also can help reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Selenium is an antioxidant that helps support the immune system. When selenium and Vitamin E are used together, they can increase the potency of one another.
- Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals in the body.
Do Vitamins Affect COVID-19?
Although it is unknown if there are any vitamins that help prevent COVID-19 or reduce the symptoms of the virus, your immune system is still the best defense you have to help your body protect itself.
In a recent interview on the “The Joe Rogan Experience,” Dr. Gordon talked about the benefits of taking specific vitamins to help defend against infections and viruses and build up immunity. He stated that the immune system is influenced by zinc and found that the rate of colds in his patients dropped, and their allergies improved after taking 500 mg of Quercetin and 15 to 30 mg of zinc twice a day. Dr. Gordon explained that Quercetin is an ionophore and is used to get charged particles into a cell. Quercetin is used in conjunction with zinc to help get zinc into the cells. Theoretically, this would help prevent the replication of the virus. Without this ionophore, zinc would not get into the cells at a high rate and would not be as effective. He also recommended getting vitamin D levels tested and taking D3 supplements to increase levels if your vitamin D is low.
Zinc has been found to have potential antiviral properties, although there haven’t been many studies performed showing zinc’s effect against the COVID virus. In a recent article published by Biological Trace Element Research on Zinc and COVID-19: Basis of Current Clinical Trials, the authors review the role of zinc in antiviral immunity and discuss its potential role against COVID-19 and ongoing COVID-19 trails using zinc.
During his interview, Dr. Gordon recommended taking 15-30 mg of zinc and 500 mg of Quercetin twice a day. If you currently have COVID, he suggested increasing it to 1000 mg of Quercetin and 30 mg of zinc twice a day.
Currently, clinical trials are testing the efficacy of Vitamin C in treating people suffering from COVID-19. If you have difficulty getting enough vitamin C from the foods you eat, you can take a vitamin C supplement. In an article published by Harvard Medical School, the authors stated that vitamin C is safe in almost any amount when it comes from food. If you are taking a supplement, the recommended daily dosage for women is 75 mg, and the highest dosage that would pose no risk is 2000 mg per day.
Try Quercetin Complex Supplement to Help Boost Your Immune System
G&G Vitamins’ Quercetin Complex Supplement contains high-quality Quercetin combined with the ideal blend of bromelain, bioflavonoids, and vitamin C to create the best antioxidant support. Combined with our Zinc supplement, you can help give your body antioxidant support and an immune boost.
G and G Vitamins: Providing High-Quality Vitamins and Minerals Since 1965
At G&G Vitamins, health and wellbeing are at the forefront of what we do, and providing the purest, high-quality, affordable supplements is our priority. Established in 1965 in the United Kingdom, we are excited to bring our more than 140 products to the United States -- and we have many more unique and exciting formulations in the pipeline. Most of our supplements are vegan and vegetarian certified and allergy-friendly where possible, including gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free options.
Place your order today!